What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is part of a complete system of ancient medicine that dates back thousands of years. It involves placing very fine single-use needles into specific points on the body to relieve pain and treat various health conditions.
These acupuncture points are located on a large framework of energy channels that connect throughout the body, known as meridians. They are interconnected to facilitate the movement of energy "Qi" that promotes healthy organ function, blood and fluid circulation.
Sometimes these energy channels can get blocked. This can happen due to unresolved emotions, physical trauma, stress, overwork, climate, or dietary and lifestyle choices that are not in harmony with your body's natural constitution.
During your appointment, your practitioner will asess the root cause of your concerns and create a treatment plan to unblock and balance your meridians, bringing your body back into a state of equilibrium.
Acupuncture can treat most health concerns. Common conditions that it can be effective for include:
- Acute & Chronic Pain: sports injuries, lower back pain, knee pain, sciatica, frozen shoulder, stiff neck, arthritis, joint pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Stress and anxiety
- Depression and addiction
- Digestive disorders: IBS, indigestion, bloating, heartburn, nausea, constipation
- Menstrual and menopausal disorders: PMT, painful periods, PCOS, hot flushes
- Pregnancy discomforts and labour induction
- Insomnia and chronic fatigue
- Asthma, shortness of breath, cold and flu
- Skin conditions: eczema, psoriasis, acne